Our approach is proven by research and supported by continual testing and iterating.
When originally in development, the Quitch app was tested rigorously with both students and teachers. Today, we maintain close connections with customers in a variety of industries to make sure we have clear data on the impact Quitch has on learning outcomes.
An initial study* into Quitch’s success found that:
- students who used the app performed 7% better overall, and
- the implementation of Quitch in a class was associated with a 12% higher student retention rate than a class without Quitch.
A professional association has recently endorsed Quitch and has rolled the app out for all its participants. Upon surveying participants who used Quitch, it was found that:
- 88% of respondents were interested in using Quitch to study for other subjects, and
- 78% said it helped them to understand the course content.
* Ekaterina Pechenkina, Daniel Laurence, Grainne Oates, Daniel Eldridge, Dan Hunter. Using a gamified mobile app to increase student engagement, retention and academic achievement. International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education, 2017; 14 (1) DOI: 10.1186/s41239-017-0069-7